Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Studying is over....for now!

What a great time for my first post! A month ago, I decided to pursue getting certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers as a Certified Sommelier. Well, after two weeks of studying and going through the intro test and Certified test, I'm done! I passed! It was much more difficult than I was prepared for and, at the end of the day, I didn't think I had a snowball's chance in hell of having passed the exam...but I did! So now comes the two to three year wait for the Advanced exam. I've got PLENTY of time to study.

So for now, it's back to just worrying about the restaurant. We will be opening a new location, either in the Central West End or downtown, in the next few months. A decision on the new location is imminent. My trip to Paris is booked, and that'll probably be the only vacation I take for a while once the new place is open. I'll stay on as the GM at Monarch, but will run the wine program for both Monarch and the new restaurant. Let's hope more responsibility brings more money!

No comments: